Join Our Team
Summer Clay Camp Instructor
Temporary Full Time
*This position is pending funding through the Canada Summer Jobs Program
Speckled Row is seeking a qualified, creative, and enthusiastic Summer Clay Camp Instructor.
Working closely with the Studio Manager and Head Instructor, the Summer Clay Camp Instructor is in charge of designing and facilitating a high quality and project-based ceramics program for our Summer Clay Camp. They will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of our summer clay camp including the supervision of students, facilitating student drop off and pick up, communicating with parents/guardians, prepping clay and firing kilns. The Summer Clay Camp Instructor is responsible for engaging students in a range of ceramic techniques including, but not limited to wheel throwing, hand building and glazing. They must be familiar with how to operate a variety of different equipment including pottery wheels, slab rollers, kilns and clay extruders.
- Develop and instruct fun, creative, and age-appropriate ceramic projects and games for children.
- Assist with developing, organizing, and planning the 2023 Summer Clay Camp
- Daily cleaning of the studio area
- Facilitate daily sign-in procedures of camp participants, ensuring that all client information and emergency contact forms are complete.
- Ensure the safety and organization of approximately 15 clay camp participants each day
- Ensure Health and Safety protocols are being followed at all times.
- Assist with the documentation of camp activities, including taking photographs of camp participants and coordinating photo release forms.
- Assist with the safety protocols as outlined in our Communicable Disease Prevention Plan.
- Post-secondary education or a demonstrated experience in Ceramic arts, fine arts and/or education
- Educational courses relating to Ceramics/Pottery are an asset.
- Have a strong interest in arts and education.
- Previous experience working with children an asset.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills with a positive, friendly outlook.
- Strong organization and time management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Creative and resourceful with the ability to take initiative and problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to work with participants of all ages, social, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- A valid First Aid certificate is considered an asset.
- This position requires the completion of a successful vulnerable sector criminal record check prior to commencing employment.
Other Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, for the duration of the employment.
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
This is a temporary position.
35 - 40 hours/week
Start Date: June 26th, 2023
End Date: September 1st, 2023
The successful candidate will also have full access to our members studio for the duration of their employment.
Please send cover letter and resume with references to email@example.com by May 12th, 2023